Chakras are an ancient model of the human energy field that extends beyond the physical body and creates your energetic body, also known as the aura.
The word chakra comes from Sanskrit (sacred Hindu language), and it means “wheel of light”.
Chakras are vortexes of energy that constantly spin like wheels at different speeds.
The speed of these energy centers depends on their health and wavelength of light associated with a particular chakra.
Let’s have a quick look at each of your chakras and their color correspondence:
- Chakra 1 - Root Chakra | Muladhara – Red Color
- Chakra 2 - Sacral Chakra | Svadhishthana – Orange Color
- Chakra 3 - Solar Plexus Chakra | Manipura – Yellow Color
- Chakra 4 - Heart Chakra | Anahata – Green Color
- Chakra 5 - Throat Chakra | Vishuddha – Light Blue / Turquoise Color
- Chakra 6 - Third Eye Chakra | Ajna – Indigo Color
- Chakra 7 - Crown Chakra | Sahasrara – Violet or White Color
You might have noticed that these are actually the 7 colors of rainbow!
When you take a close look at the seven colors of rainbow, you will realize that they always appear in a specific order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.
All of your 7 chakra colors also appear in the same order within your energetic body.
This particular color arrangement is known as the spectrum of white light or the visible light, and it ranges from 700 nanometers (dark red color) to 400nm (violet color).
The wavelength of each color is different.
The longest wavelength is red, and the shortest wavelength is violet.
Interestingly, your chakra spinning speeds correlate with these wavelength frequencies:
- Root chakra spins at the lowest speed.
- Crown chakra vibrates at the highest frequency.
All of these waves make white light when they are seen together by the human eye.
White light is made of all rainbow colors, as it includes all seven wavelengths.
When you examine some of the ancient spiritual teachings, white is often revered as the color of enlightenment, divinity, and oneness.
It is very beneficial to visualize lots of bright, white light in your aura when you are working with any of your chakras through color therapy.
Let’s have a look at each of your chakra colors and their meanings, starting from the bottom (root chakra) and ending at the top (crown chakra)
This website is powered by Spruz